Friday 2 October 2009

Library event with Chris Simms

Yesterday I had the honour of attending Oldham Library and Lifelong Learning Centre, Greaves Street, Oldham, accompanied by Manchester based crime author Chris Simms. Sadly Mandasue Heller was unable to attend as advertised due to a personal reason, but Chris saved the day by stepping in at the last minute so that the gathered crowd of over 40 attendees didn't have to listen to my dulcet tones the entire time.

Punam Ramchurn, the events organiser, was a gracious and interesting host. Thanks Punam for a great evening - and for the lift back to my hotel in your nippy little car.

I'd also like to thank the chap from Happy Cow Books http://www.happycowbooks.co.uk/ for attending and making books available for purchase on the night. I'd also like to thank the attendees for an interesting time, you actually looked enthralled as I read from Judgement and Wrath.

For a take on the evening from a third party perspective, have a read here http://colburysnewcrimefiction.blogspot.com/2009/10/evening-with-my-favourite-crime.html

No comments: