Monday, 15 March 2010
There are a few pertinent reasons for this:
1. I love savage horror tales.
2. It's a new take on the man-beast/beast-man tales we're all used to.
3. It's got a cool cover beautifully modelled by author Erin Cole.
4. Some of the contributors are firm favourites of mine, and I like to even count some of them as firm friends I've made through the process of writing and through the blogosphere, including Lee Hughes, Paul D. Brazill, Erin Cole et al.
5. It marks the print publication debut of my little brother, Jim Hilton, (who occasionally writes as James Hilton or James Oliver Hilton) who for some time now has shared my ambition to be a full-time writer. Jim's story INTRODUCING GEMMA NYE is included in the anthology, and I have to admit to being proud as punch for him. Jim is a writer I admire, and he has a seriously wicked sense of humour that shines through his often very dark fiction. At present he is working on his first novel, a crime fiction thriller featuring his recurring short story characters of Danny and Matt McMurdo - collectively know as 'McMurder'. To find out more about Jim's work see http://www.jimhilton.co.uk/
Howl is available from Lame Goat Press, Createspace.com and soon on Amazon.com