Friday 5 June 2009

Carlisle library event - the morning after

Last night I had the pleasure of attending Carlisle library alongside top psychological crime thriller writer Sophie Hannah and I have to report that it was a blast. We had a great crowd of avid readers who were kind enough to laugh along with all my cheesey jokes (usually of the self-deprecating variety - but that's me through and through). I'm pretty new to these kinds of events, but I think I did OK. Sophie was a true professional and a interesting and humorous speaker and I enjoyed listening to her tales as much as did the attendees. It was a nice little buzz selling and signing books to people afterwards, and to speak to them personally.
My thanks to all the staff involved - all lovely people - and to Gwen from Bookends bookshop who had plentiful stock for sale - another lovely person.
Afterwards me, my missus and Sophie 'just had to' sample the delights of a local curry house. I'm a weakling when it comes to a good indian meal and 'just had to' partake of the delicious food on offer. For some reason though people aren't getting too close to me this morning. I keep telling myself it's just the garlic...

No comments: