Sunday 26 October 2008

Book 3

I've just delivered the finished manuscript to Joe Hunter three - currently titled SLASH AND BURN to my agent having completed the latest edit. My agent is then sending this to my editor at Hodder and Stoughton. I am therefore on pins waiting for the feedback from my editor. Some people say that their second book is very difficult to write, but I felt very good about JUDGEMENT AND WRATH and it seemed to flow from my fingertips. So...was my third book difficult to write? No. Not really. I did have that 20,000 words in moment where I thought eeeek! Is this working? My agent was constructive and helpful at this stage and gave me the encouragement to forge on. After that I had a much better idea where I was headed and the rest of the book was a pleasure. There is a different edge to Joe Hunter in this book as I wanted to get a little deeper into his psyche, but it is probably the most action packed and with the largest body count of all of my books up until now. I love the bad guys in this piece and can't wait to share them with you. But, it's way too early to spill the beans about plot or characters or anything else. Just let it be said that I think the book is damn good and can't wait for you all to read it (out May 2010 - doesn't that seem a long, long way off?).
best
Matt

No comments: