Saturday 20 November 2010

A real drama!

If you would like to listen in to the radio interview I took part in last night with John Raab at Suspense Radio, click here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/suspensemagazine

The show runs for an hour and I follow thriller author Joseph Badal and I had a great time, after a fraught day.

Murphy's law struck for me. After living in my current house for thirteen years with the same landline and no problems whatsoever, my phone decided to pack in hours before I was due to go live on air in California.

My attempts at making things right failed miserably, as did my telephone service provider. Now then, living in a very rural area my mobile phone is as much good as an ornament sitting on my desk beside me, so I could not use it either. That meant a forty mile round trip to the nearest town to purchase a new phone, but on my return it was as useless as the phone I already had. Hence the fault was in the cabling. Every effort to strip back to basics didn't help, and by now time was rushing in on me.

Thankfully, some neighbours jumped to my rescue and offered their phone for my use...remember this was at 02.30 in the morning UK time. I am indebted to Mike and Sandy and thank them profusely for opening their home to me at that ungodly hour. It goes to show that there are good people in the world who are willing to help when the chips are down (ala Joe Hunter?). So, if I sound less than lucid or a bit distracted during the interview, now you know the story. And the end of the story: my landline's still broken, my mobile reception is still pooh, and when I do finally get through, I can't get to speak to a real person at my service provider exchange.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the interview. After everything was said and done I had a good time and John Raab was a real gent and top interviewer. Thanks John.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

man, what a palava. Glad it all worked out in the end.

rashid1891 said...

so... nokia

Unknown said...

Just had a listen, Matt.
Really good interview, n considering the drama n time, you did brilliantly in getting your message across to America. I'd say, it was definitely worth all the fuss!

Taimoor said...

Thanks for sharing this article. The blog post "Real Drama" by author Matt Hilton shares his experiences of writing thrillers and crime novels.